Note: you must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand in order to be considered for this role. If relocating to Christchurch, we can assist with moving and setup costs.
Partly’s mission is to connect the world’s parts. We’re building the first global platform for replacement parts, starting with auto parts. We’ve more than tripled our team over the last 12 months, and expect to double in size over the next 18 months.
Founded by ex-Rocket Lab engineers, we use utilise bleeding-edge technology to solve challenging, but exciting problems that make a huge impact in a $1.9 trillion industry. We have 2 main products: Commerce Platform, a SaaS tool that makes it easy to sell parts online, and Commerce API, which provides the backbone of parts e-commerce for large customers and marketplaces.
Blackbird Ventures (Canva, CultureAmp etc.) led both our Pre-Seed and Seed rounds, alongside I2BF (NYC), Hillfarrance, Icehouse, Peter Beck (Rocket Lab), Akshay Kothari (Notion Co-Founder) and Dylan Field (Figma Co-Founder).
We're continuing to build a world-class team and constantly working towards making Partly the best startup to work for in Australasia. We're proud of the team and culture that we've already built at Partly and our values are lived throughout every experience.
The Business Development Executive will be the second full-time sales hire in the company, working alongside our Chief Strategy Officer and Senior Account Executive. You are a natural hunter and may have been a high-performing AE or BDE previously. You have a track record of winning new business and are looking for your next big challenge at a fast-growing company where you can quickly start making an impact.
What you will do
- Lead and manage our enterprise sales pipeline. Nurture the customer relationship from the first interaction, assess customer needs and pain points, prepare and deliver presentations and demos, follow up with prospects, put together proposals, negotiate deals and do everything in your power to turn them into high-value paying customers.
- Contact prospective customers by email, LinkedIn, video message or phone (or any other method you feel will help you reach prospects and close deals). You will be approaching prospects with highly targeted and personalised outreach encouraging them to book a call to explore how Partly can revolutionise their businesses.
- Maintain an extremely healthy and clean pipeline. Obsess over each of our prospects to ensure deals are progressing and no opportunities are missed.
- Optimise for revenue by negotiating large deals and upselling prospects with additional services and value-adds.
- Help develop our Enterprise sales playbook with sales strategies, processes and tactics
- Communicate cross-teams to solve customer problems
- Act as the voice of the customer for our product team, by gathering, summarising and sharing the most pressing issues facing our prospects and customers
- Identify ways to provide customers with the information and answers they need before they have to ask the questions
- Rapidly learn, grow and develop faster than the business, positioning yourself as a future leader at Partly
- Experience in Sales, Account Management or Business Development, ideally at an early-stage startup or a more mature fast-paced company
- Experience selling to C-level executives
- Excellent written and verbal communicator - not just a script follower, but an incredible storyteller
- Extremely empathetic and customer-focused, with a desire to provide an incredible experience
- Very detail orientated and relentless in improving your process
- Strong time management skills, with the ability to prioritise your time to optimise for revenue generation.
- Ability to build long-lasting relationships with current and future customers
- Ability to develop and document processes from the ground up
- Discipline to design your own day to make yourself most effective
- Bonus: Experience with automotive businesses
- Bonus: Experience in e-commerce, helping companies sell online
- Bonus: Experience working with a diverse range of cultures and linguistic backgrounds
- Competitive base salary plus equity. Even though we’re a small startup, we offer competitive salaries and great equity.
- Parental leave and flexible return to work. After returning to work, primary carers can work 4-day weeks for 100% of their pay for the first twelve weeks. For secondary carers, we offer 10 days of leave at full pay.
- Flexible working hours and location. We have an office-first culture but you can work remotely or from home whenever it suits you. There are no fixed hours so you can choose to work when you’re most effective.
- A brand new architecturally designed office in Christchurch CBD. With free snacks, drinks on tap, two different coffee machines, social areas, and one the best cafes in Christchurch 50m away.
- Cultural lunches. Monthly team lunches to eat food from another culture and celebrate our team's ethnic diversity.
- Ergonomic office. Sit-stand desks, ergonomic chairs, quiet spaces, and collaboration spaces, to suit all kinds of working styles.